Dr. John Johnson speaks on LaVena’s death at VFP event

August 19, 2007 by Philip Barron  Email This Post Print This Post

The father of Pfc. LaVena Lynn Johnson, Dr. John Johnson of Florissant, Missouri.

Dr. John Johnson

Dr. Johnson spoke in August 2007 at the Veterans for Peace speakout on sexual assault in the military outside the Robert A. Young Federal Building in downtown St. Louis. This was just one of many events and workshops comprising the 22nd annual national convention of VFP.

In the video embedded here, Dr. Johnson talks about learning of LaVena’s death, his suspicions about how she died, and the family’s attempts to get the Army to reopen its investigation. He is introduced by antiwar activist and retired Army colonel Ann Wright.

I ask you to help the Johnson family by signing the ColorofChange petition to Rep. Henry Waxman of the House Oversight Committee.

Comments

Leave a comment below. If you have a gravatar account, your 'G' or 'PG'-rated image will appear with your entry. Comments subject to moderation.

6 Responses to “Dr. John Johnson speaks on LaVena’s death at VFP event”

1. SP Biloxi on August 20th, 2007 12:34 am

Thank you for sharing Dr. Johnson’s speech. I will post this info for my readers to watch the video. I am glad that Dr. Johnson is speaking out!

2. PhilipBarron on August 20th, 2007 12:38 am

Thanks much for relaying the video to your readers! It’s very encouraging, and I hope that many others will do likewise.

3. SP Biloxi on August 21st, 2007 1:58 pm

Let’s hope so. Readers and other bloggers can hear from out of Dr. Johnson’s mouth about his daughter LaVena and what he and his family were told bythe Army about LaVena’s death. And he gives a lot of criditability having a strong military background. From viewing the video, beyond the reasonal doubt, LaVena was murdered and her case is being covered up. I am looking for more updates as I will do a followup article on LaVena very soon.

4. Kangarooo on August 22nd, 2007 5:16 am

Great ppl!
    Stand Up!

5. Paul Murphy on November 2nd, 2008 10:11 am

Welcome.

I would like to know what the status of LaVena Johnon’s case?

6. Laila on November 4th, 2008 12:31 am

I would like to know the status of this young human being case, LaVena Johnson.